Sunday, July 5, 2015

A-Z Bookish TAG

Share it Please
I saw this tag on The Perpetual Page Turner and thought it could be fun. 

Make sure to check out the original post on Jamie's Blog



Author you’ve read the most books from:
According to Goodreads it's L.J. Smith and it's not a surprise to me. 
I hardly stick with a series until the end or commit to an author for more than five or six books. Unless it's L.J. Smith. Whenever I'm sure that I've finally found the best book she's written I encounter another series by her that takes my by storm.  The Forbidden Game series is my latest obsession and I was baffled at how fast I read it. You should definitely check one of her books out. Guaranteed for a creepy read mixed with a swoon-worthy villain love interest.

Best Sequel Ever: 
Dreamless by Josephine Angelini really redeemed her for me. I absolutely hated the first, but the second one was pretty alright.

Currently Reading:
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides

Drink of Choice While Reading: 
Tap water. Always stay hydrated, kids.


E-reader or Physical Book? 
Physical book. I don't own an e-reader.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School: 
Dimitri Belikov from the Vampire Academy series. Oops.


Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. Don't be intimidated by the size, seriously, it's really good. I wasn't a fan of the sequel A Clash of Kings though, but the first one is really a gem.


Hidden Gem Book: 
Starters by Lissa Price. So, so, sooo good.

Important Moment in your Reading Life: 
Probably every time I read the last page of a book. So satisfying.

Just Finished: 
Linden Hills by Gloria Naylor

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

I'm not a fan of religious books in general. Books about religious topics on the other hand are fine with me. I just don't like patronizing stuff.

Longest Book You’ve Read:
If you don't count three-in-one books, I guess it would be the first Game of Thrones book. I think it's about 850-ish pages.


Major book hangover because of: 
Great world building

Number of Bookcases You Own: 
1 1/2


One Book You Have Read Multiple Times: 
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. I have no idea how often I read this, I think I already broke the spine in like 2007.

Preferred Place To Read: 
Couch, Bed, Balcony. Preferably in that order. I like to change places a lot.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

“If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.” 

Damn you, David Levithan. This is from Every Day. If I haven't tried to harass you into reading this, regard this as a gentle nudge.

Reading Regret: 
Trying Jenny Han novels. I'm too old for this.

Series You Started And Need To Finish
Ahahahaha. I'll only list the ones that I would actually bother to finish for the sake of our sanity.
  • Stefan's Diaries Series by L.J. Smith (2/6)
  • The Princess Diaires Series by Meg Cabot (2/15)
  • A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin (2/5)
  • Hourglass Trilogy by Myra McEntire (1/3)
  • Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead (5/6)
Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

  • Something Missing by Matthew Dicks
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • Life's That Way by Jim Beaver
Unapologetic Fangirl For: 
Vampire Academy. Dear God, please hit me with a shovel. When will this obsession ever die?

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

  • Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The Next Together by Lauren E. James!!!!!!!!
"Finding Audrey" is actually already out in English, but I'm still waiting for the German copy to be released by the end of july. I absolutely love Kinsella and can't wait.

Worst Bookish Habit: 
DNF-ing books is the worst. I like to do that.

X Marks The Spot: 
Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book: Beautiful Creatures by Kami García and Margaret Stohl.

Your latest book purchase: 
Linden Hills by Gloria Naylor.


ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): 
Hourglass by Myra McEntire. Too good writing. I'm angry.



Thanks for reading and I TAG YOU to do this if you want to. 

Leave your link in the comments if you decide to do the tag, please!

10 comments:

  1. This is a great tag!! I just finished Finding Audrey earlier this week and I really enjoyed it and it was my first Sophie Kinsella book. Fun answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I love hearing that the book is great because I have SUCH high expectations. Kinsella has disappointed me lately and it's even more important that this book is great. You should definitely read her adult chick-lit books, they are hilarious and well-written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at a store and saw Vampire Academy MadLibs and grabbed it and then put it down. And then grabbed it again and then put it down. (I'm obsessed too.)
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series so much it's not even funny. It deserves so much more recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun tag!! I definitely need to do this sometime! I've never read anything by LJ Smith... Oops! I guess I need to remedy that.


    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should really try The Forbidden Game series, it's one of the best scary novels I've read lately. It centers around a group of friends who are sucked into a board game that makes them face their biggest fears. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this tag! Definitely going to find the time to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got my post up for this tag. It was such fun, thanks! http://kissinbluekaren.com/tag-a-to-z-bookish-survey/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay awesome!! Thanks for telling me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make every blogger's day. Don't be afraid and say something, even if it's just a smiley face or a quick "Hey, I liked this" or "Hey, I didn't like this". Don't be shy! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...